Autism Awareness Day
Wednesday 2nd April 2014 was Autism Awareness Day, and a great opportunity to raise awareness of AWARE. Steven Brown of Drystone Radio can be heard speaking to Margaret Nash here :
A comprehensive list of AWARE library books is available from the Members Area in excel format.
Latest AWARE Newsletter
AWARE members should receive their copy by email. Archived ones can be found here, in the members area and also the Noticeboard
If you aren't a member and would like to receive the latest newsletters etc. you can join here. Join AWARE
AWARE Accounts and Annual Minutes
AWARE members can log in and download the latest and archived Accounts and Minutes here.
Please note the password has changed recently. If you are a member but don't know the password to log in - please email Jo Galasso email@example.com If you aren't a member and would like to receive the latest Accounts and Minutes you can join AWARE here. Join AWARE
AWARE Archived Newsletters
can be downloaded in pdf format here from the column opposite.
If you cannot read pdf files on your computer get a copy of Adobe free from clicking here:
Members: to receive an electronic version of the newsletter sent by email instead of post, click here.
A Fantastic little guide for Airport Travel from Manachester Airport for parents & carers of Autistic children. Just click the link below to download.
Disability Living Allowance Training
Thanks to a grant from Baily Thomas Charitable Trust we’ve now have 12 people trained to complete DLA forms and are able to assist parents complete their forms, so if you’re in need of help please contact Margaret Nash
Feedback from the Summer Activities - 2013 Update
Youth club has finished now for the summer and recommences on Friday 6th September, however we’ve lots going on over the summer – trips, play schemes and a residential, check out the members area for further details.
Following our AGM on 9th July and responses to our annual survey our aims for the coming year are:-
- We would like to be able to broaden the Trip Club up to 25 years.
- We will run another fair for Autism Awareness Day in 2014, following the three previous successes.
- We will hold more fashion shows as they are both enjoyable and lucrative.
- To increase attendance at junior club by consulting with families who have young children and see what they want. If you’d like to make any comments or suggestions please email Rachel Miller
- Run more siblings activities.
- Support parents who have grown up offspring with autism.
- We would like to offer more activities for carers.
You’ve asked for…
- Monthly trampolining sessions to be re-introduced - we just need to find a coach.
- More residentials - we will be looking for funding to provide more residentials.
- Continue with monthly swimming sessions.
We are very happy to consider any suggestions as and when they arise. Contact Jo Galasso
This page was last updated: March 30, 2015
Registered Charity No: 1089617